Summer is around the corner, now is the time to start protecting our skin. Dermalogica has several sunscreen facial products that cater to all types of skincare needs. If you are running errands or at the beach all day,
Dermalogica has the best sunscreen skincare thats formulated for your needs.
Follow our TOP 5 HEALTHY sunscreen tips for summer skin care.
1. Avoid sunscreens with Vitamin A. It is great in your diet, but not spread all over the skin. Vitamin A has been listed in 14% of sunscreens reviewed by the Environmental Working Group in 2017. Government data show that tumors and lesions develop sooner on skin coated with creams laced with vitamin A, also called retinyl palmitate or retinol.
2. Reapply cream often. Sunscreen chemicals decrease potency in the sun, wash off, or rub off on towels and clothing.
3. Avoid oxybenzone, a synthetic estrogen that penetrates the skin and can disrupt the hormone system. Look for products with zinc oxide, 3 percent avobenzone or Mexoryl SX. They protect skin from harmful UVA radiation.
4. Don’t fall for high SPF labels. Anything higher than SPF 50+ can tempt you to stay in the sun too long. Even if you don’t burn, your skin may be damaged. Stick to SPFs between 15 and 50+. Pick a product based on your own skin coloration, time outside, shade and cloud cover. Reapply often.
5. Got your vitamin D? Many people don’t get enough vitamin D, a hormone manufactured by the skin in the presence of sunlight. Your doctor can test your level and recommend supplements if you are low in this vital nutrient.